"#1 Small Business Web Host Since 1998 the FatCow (http://www.fatcow.com ) Web Hosting plan has provided reliable hosting services for individuals and businesses. Whether you're looking for a small business web host or domain name for your business—FatCow has the service and experienced team to support you!"
- There are a lot of positive reviews on WG about support and technical potential.
- А+ and accreditation on BBB.com, ticket system; http://www.fatcow.com/free-icons.
- $50 Facebook credit, $50 Google AdWords credit, $25 Yahoo credit.
- There are many complaints about payment processing (not always correct).
- In 2012 two times more domains left WG hosting than came to it.
- Advertising prices are only available for new clients and are valid only for the first time. Extension is more expensive(TOS).
Features & Specials:
- Many features for low cost.
Reliability & Speed:
Avarage uptime US
Number of Websites
to a website that didn't
work (hours per week)
|> 99.8%||74.00%||148||≥ 5|
|99.1% - 99.8%||17.00%||34||5 - 17|
|< 99.1%||9.00%||18||17 ≤|
A good and pleasant menu is definitely a plus; however not all the operators have enough knowledge and competence to answer the questions, though they are polite and patient. The Call Center Support picks up the call very quickly, the operators speak very fast (obviously - they are native English speakers). Some operators mumble the instructions indistinctly, and when you try to ask them to repeat what they said, they mumble them in a friendly manner once again.
Searching for the only possible variant of solving the problem is one of the most widely-spread errors. An alternative variant should always exist for the support technician in order to help the customer solve the issue using different methods. That is why first of all we decided to analyze the quality of the tech support in voice calls judging by the ability to use an alternative way to handle the issues.
Fatcow shows rather good results together with Greengeeks (which is at the top of the list this time) and Hostgator.That proves that the cow always tries looking for multiple ways to solve customers' problems.
The Fatcow email support team responds in a couple of hours, the answers being short and template-like. Three out of five letters were answered. Two of the answered letters contained short one sentence-long answers without any detailed information, yes/no answers. They approached in details only one letter, answering the additional questions, fact that hasn't been noticed before in their emails.
Fatcow operators might be not very competent, but they are always polite, they take the initiative (by offering to create an account, by asking how they can help), addressing the other part by their name. Live chat operators give concise answers, often giving links to their Terms and Services. However it takes some time while waiting for an answer.
Livechat operators are usually rookies who have some basic knowledge in hosting sphere, but this knowledge is not sufficient yet in order to solve a lot of different difficult issues at a time. That is why their answers are not so quick and distinct (if they don't know something, they ask the senior colleagues and sometimes it takes much time before they get the solution from their colleagues and write an answer in the live chat so that the customer could be fully satisfied).
Average Support Wait Times (March 2012):
(0:30 minutes longer than Average Top 10)
|50% Reply Rate
(Top 3 )
(0:15 Longer than Average Top 10)
|98% Reply Rate
(Top 3 )
(0:30 Longer than Average Top 10)
|93% Reply Rate
(Top 3 )
FatCow (http://www.fatcow.com ) gives the possibility to use some tools for clients comfort working. First of all, it's Weebly Drag and Drop Builder - a tool, which gives an opportunity to create a nice, professional looking website based on the templates and which doesn't require any special knowledge of HTML and CSS. When the client finishes the website construction, he may wish to make a survey regarding the site evaluation and attendance. For a FatCow client it's much easier than for others, because the control panel allows him to create an account and add the website to "Google Services for Websites". The client has also access to use the tools like "HubSpot's Website Grader", websites SEO parameter analysis. If the website is used in commercial purposes, then the tool like "Toll-Free Phone Number" will be really useful - it's a phone number with a menu used for incoming calls, which provides the possibility of call diverting and calls controlling directly from web-interface.
The company has positive and negative sides:
Analysing the clients' feedbacks about FatCow hosting potential you could make the following conclusions:
- The pricing policy corresponds to the variety and quality of services provided. That means, you get what you pay for.
- There are some problems dealing with financial matters. Like impeding refund of payments, the cost increasing without advertisement. It's a really important point.This is a quite important point that could stand in the way of attracting new customers.
- Functional possibilities correspond to modern requirements, most of the functions needed to create and evaluate a website from the start are there; even a beginner can use the cpanel efficiently, which is very helpful to attract new clients.
- Reliability and functionality directly depend on the size of the website. According to feedbacks, placing a large commercial website with high visiting rate involves considerable difficulties. It's a disadvantage, but various solutions are offered for business.
- Tech support is average. They successfully handle various sorts of issues, mainly related to users' lack of competence. In the case of serious technical problems technical support will not be able to help.
10 fatcow.com Client Websites FatCow
- simple hosting plan
- friendly approach
- good enough for a blog
- reasonable prices, in comparison to competitors
- 4th place for uptime, 0,94% lower than the top contender
- tech support is doing their best, but could be better
- reviews say: good functionality and tech support, but payment troubles
|Number of clients|